Friday, August 29, 2008

It's about time I did this!

Well, here it is almost 10 months after giving birth to Shiloh and I decided to FINALLY join the world of bloggers. Yes, you people are pulling me kicking and screaming further into the technical age......I dunno. I still think this computer thing is just a fad. Maybe not.

So where do I start?.......First I'll explain the name of my blog (9uvus.com). Jeff has 3 sons, Mike-age 25, Adam-almost 21 and Chris-16 and he has 1 daughter, Bethany-age 14. I have 1 son-Isaac-almost 7 and 1 daughter, Hannah-age 5. Then together we have 1 daughter, Shiloh-10 months on 9/2/08. That makes, YES, 7 kids and 2 parents! Living at home we only have the 5 youngest ones.

What about pets? (You may be asking). Well, we didn't have any until.......about 2 1/2 weeks ago Jeff opened the front door to go to work and lying on our "Welcome" mat was a litter of 4 kittens about 6 wks old. Apparently the momma cat can read! She was ready to wean and figured we said "welcome" so she said "you're welcome" and off she went. They were still small enough to be able to be handled but hissed a lot. Now, though, they are very used to us and even Shiloh who likes to grab them by the fur. So now we have 4 kittens....named Sharpay, Gabriella (Hannah named these two.), Tiger and Fluffy.

So thats our great big wonderful family. Everyone is pretty active with school and other activities, so this stay-at-home mom doesn't get to stay at home all that much. I'm loving it though. When one of those tender or funny moments happen that I want to soak in, I remember in scripture how Mary, the mother of Jesus, "pondered these things and treasured them in her heart." I certainly have a heart full of treasured moments and plan to share them with you thoughout the days, weeks, months or however long you will stay here blogging with me.

2 comments:

Manda said...

i love the choice of the kitten names hannah picked! ive been watching a lot of disney myself so im all up with the hannah montana, camp rock, jonas brothers, wizards of waverly place, plus i managed to get a hold of the albums. hahaha thats awesome.

love you!
amanda

Tim C said...

Wow Missy, She is so stinkin' cute!
I've been meaning to tell you I love the blog. You and mom are starting a blog revolution, and you're both really good at it. So fun...